10 Top Green Tips
As a visitor to Mid Wales you can reduce your impact on the environment while you are here by making a few simple changes to the way you do things. Going green does not mean reducing quality; looking after the environment is about doing more with less.
- Seeing the light – but switch them off when they are not needed – then go outside and look up – clear night skies free of light pollution will let you see the stars like never before.
- The Heat is on……but does it need to be? Please don’t have the heat blasting out and the windows and doors open.
- Be Water Wise – take a refreshing shower instead of a bath and switch off the cold tap while you are brushing your teeth.
- A Clean Getaway – use environmentally friendly products to wash yourself, your clothes and your dishes – eco-friendly dishwasher tablets, washing liquid and washing up liquid are provided.
- Reduce – choose products with minimal packaging when you go shopping.
- Reuse – refill your plastic bottle with water instead of buying another – easier too when you’re up a hill by a sparkling mountain stream!
- Recycle – your paper, cardboard, cans, glass, plastic in the bins in the utility room that are provided. If you are going to Brecon we would be grateful if you could drop these in at the tip on the way but if not do leave your recycling and we shall do it for you. Unfortunately we are too out of the way for our recycling to be collected by Powys County Council.
- Think Local – buy local food from local producers –see attached list.
- Use local shops and businesses during your stay.
- Give Your Car a Holiday by using the bus – time tables provided – or get on Your Bike or Put Your Best Foot Forward.
Did you know…? If all the aluminium cans sold in the UK were recycled, there would be 15.4 million fewer full dustbins. Recycling just one plastic bottle can save the same amount of energy needed to power a 60 watt light bulb for six hours.