Local Pubs and Restaurants
- The Three Horse Shoes, Groesffordd, Brecon, LD3 7SN, 01874 665672 – Great selection of food, a cut above your average pub, and real ales too.
- Zeera Restaurant, 103 The Struet, Brecon, LD3 7LT, 01874 610746 – very good Indian.
- Chang’s Restaurant, 50 High Street, Brecon, LD3 7AP, 01874 622330 – good Thai food.
- The Brecon Tap, 6 Bulwark, Brecon, LD3 7LB, 01874 623888 – offshoot of Brecon Brewing, the local brewery.
- The Red Dragon Chinese, 1 Bulwark, Brecon, LD3 7LB, 01874 611611 – good Chinese, can deliver, value for money.
- Star Inn, Talybont-on-Usk, LD3 7YX, 01874 676635 – Camra Breconshire Pub of the Year 2009-2016 – fabulous selection of real ales and ok pub food.
- Paddy Sweeney’s Burger Van, A470 lay by on the left before you reach Libanus, 07790 397832 – owned by local butcher, great if you don’t fancy cooking breakfast! You can even phone in your order to Marion.
- The Felin Fach Griffin, Felin Fach, Brecon, LD3 OUB, 01874 620111 – good food but you can just go for a drink.
- The White Swan, Llanfrynach, Brecon, LD3 7BZ, 01874 665277 – lovely walk from the house down the lanes.
- The River Cafe, Glasbury-on-Wye, HR3 5NP, 01497 847007 – Good food and lovely position by the River Wye.
- The Hardwick, Old Raglan Road, Abergavenny, NP7 9AA, 01873 854220 – Stephen Terry’s (Great British Menu, etc.) restaurant – you can just go for a drink but the food is great.
- The Walnut Tree, Llanddewi Skirrid, Abergavenny, NP7 8AW, 01873 852797 – Great for a special occasion.
- Llangoed Hall, Llyswen, Brecon, LD3 0YP, 01874 754525 – very smart hotel.
Local Food Producers
The Welsh Venison Centre, Bwlch (13 miles)
Here you can buy home produced Venison, Lamb and Beef, free range Pork and locally produced vegetables, cheeses and pickles.
Penderyn Distillery (13 miles)
The only distillery in Wales and home to the award winning Single Malt Welsh Whisky amongst other spirits.
Talgarth Mill (15 miles)
At the mill you can see how corn and wheat are changed in to flour with the help of the volunteer guides. There is also a cafe and gift shop.
Llanfaes Dairy (5 miles)
Their ice creams and fruit ices are produced at their ice cream parlour in Brecon where you can buy and try some of their 90 different flavours.
W.J. George Butchers, Talgarth (16 miles)
They only sell the meat from local farms that is processed in their own abattoir.
Paddy Sweeney Butchers, Brecon (5 miles)
This excellent butcher who specialises in local meat, poultry and game had a shop in the town’s market arcade and a burger van less than a mile from the house!
Brecon Farmers Market (5 miles)
Here you can buy high quality, locally produced, fresh, seasonal, food and hand-made products which are reared, grown or made in an approximate 30 mile radius of Brecon, Powys in Wales. It is held on the second Saturday of each month except August in the Market Hall, Brecon.
Brecon Beacons Lamb Producers at The Mountain Centre (3 miles)
01874-624515 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A Farmer cooperative which is committed to the rearing of livestock where animal welfare and trace ability are vital parts of a natural grass fed production system. Brecon Beacons Welsh Lamb, Beef and Quality Assured Farm Venison delivered to your doorstep via a refrigerated delivery service.
Skirrid Honey, Upper Llanover (30 miles)
Skirrid Honey has hives placed at various locations around Monmouthshire so that the bees can benefit from the varied rural environment, with nectar gathered from woodland, heath land and pastureland, thus providing a true taste of Monmouthshire.
Sugar Loaf Vineyard (25 miles)
The Sugar Loaf Vineyards have 7 varieties of grapes planted on 5 acres of south facing slopes this ensures excellent ripening of the grapes, while the balanced soils add a special character to the wine. Visit the Vineyard, Tour the Vines and, most importantly, Taste the Wines.