Local Brecon Food
Local Pubs and Restaurants
· The Three Horse Shoes, Groesffordd, near Brecon, LD3 7SN, 01874 665672. Fabulous selection of food. With 2 AA rosettes, a cut above your average pub, and real ales too.
· Zeera Restaurant, 103 The Struet, Brecon, LD3 7LT, 01874 610746 . Very good Indian restaurant and takeaway.
· Chang Restaurant, 50 High Street, Brecon, LD3 7AP, 01874 622330 . Good Thai and Chinese food to takeaway or eat-in.
· Proper Pizza Company, Lion Yard, Brecon, LD3 7BA, 01874 620036. Takeaway Pizza and they can deliver.
· Beacons View Tearoom, Brecon Beacons National Park Visitors Centre, Libanus, LD3 8ER, 01874 624979 . Café at the National Park Visitors Centre and Tourist Information
· The Bakers Table, Talgarth Mill, The Square, Talgarth, LD3 0BW, 01874 711352. Café, bakery and craft shop at the Mill which is a great visitors experience in itself.
· West End Fish Bar, 22 Orchard Street, Brecon, LD3 8AN, 01874 622509 . Lovely takeaway fish and chips.
· The Castle Hotel, Castle Square, Brecon, LD3 9DB, 01874 624611. Great views over the town to the Beacons beyond.
· The Felin Fach Griffin, Felin Fach, Brecon, LD3 OUB, 01874 620111 . Good food but you can just go for a drink.
· The Hours, Ship Street, Brecon, LD3 9AD, 01874 622800 . Café, delicatessen and bookshop.
· The River Cafe, Glasbury-on-Wye, HR3 5NP, 01497 847007 . Good food and lovely position by the River Wye.
· Peterstone Court, Llanhamlach, Brecon, LD3 7YB, 01874 665387 . Nice patio out the back looking down to the River Usk.
· The Hardwick, Old Raglan Road, Abergavenny, NP7 9AA, 01873 854220 . Stephen Terry's (Great British Menu, etc.) restaurant . Yyu can just go for a drink but the food is great.
· The Walnut Tree, Llanddewi Skirrid, Abergavenny, NP7 8AW, 01873 852797. Great for a special occasion.
· Lake Country Hotel and Spa, Llangammarch Wells, LD4 4BS, 01591 620202. Good for lunch and a spa if you feel like being pampered.
Local Food Producers
The Welsh Venison Centre, Bwlch (13 miles)
Here you can buy home produced Venison, Lamb and Beef, free range Pork and locally produced vegetables, cheeses and pickles.
Penderyn Distillery (13 miles)
The only distillery in Wales and home to the award winning Single Malt Welsh Whisky amongst other spirits.
Talgarth Mill (15 miles)
At the mill you can see how corn and wheat are changed in to flour with the help of the volunteer guides. There is also a cafe and gift shop.
Llanfaes Dairy (5 miles)
Their ice creams and fruit ices are produced at their ice cream parlour in Brecon where you can buy and try some of their 90 different flavours.
W.J. George Butchers, Talgarth (16 miles)
They only sell the meat from local farms that is processed in their own abattoir.
Paddy Sweeney Butchers, Brecon (5 miles)
This excellent butcher who specialises in local meat, poultry and game had a shop in the town?s market arcade and a burger van less than a mile from the house!
Brecon Farmers Market (5 miles)
Here you can buy high quality, locally produced, fresh, seasonal, food and hand-made products which are reared, grown or made in an approximate 30 mile radius of Brecon, Powys in Wales. It is held on the second Saturday of each month except August in the Market Hall, Brecon.
Brecon Beacons Lamb Producers at The Mountain Centre (3 miles)
01874-624515 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A Farmer cooperative which is committed to the rearing of livestock where animal welfare and trace ability are vital parts of a natural grass fed production system. Brecon Beacons Welsh Lamb, Beef and Quality Assured Farm Venison delivered to your doorstep via a refrigerated delivery service.
Skirrid Honey, Upper Llanover (30 miles)
Skirrid Honey has hives placed at various locations around Monmouthshire so that the bees can benefit from the varied rural environment, with nectar gathered from woodland, heath land and pastureland, thus providing a true taste of Monmouthshire.
Sugar Loaf Vineyard (25 miles)
The Sugar Loaf Vineyards have 7 varieties of grapes planted on 5 acres of south facing slopes this ensures excellent ripening of the grapes, while the balanced soils add a special character to the wine. Visit the Vineyard, Tour the Vines and, most importantly, Taste the Wines.